Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An afternoon view from my balcony

I continue to be concerned about the air quality in Beijing. Yesterday, during the short time I was inside an internet café on campus, a cloud descended on the city. The sky looked like dusk, but it was just the smog. It has been lightly raining since last night - and the cloud has become a bit lighter in color – but it still hangs in the air.

I live right next to the sports area on campus, so I see many students outside exercising in the smog. The atmosphere doesn't seem to bother them, so perhaps I'm being overly cautious. But I'm waiting for cleaner air before I go out for a run – I could be waiting a while …


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: